Issue of Application Forms
The admission process for the Bachelors’ Degree Courses commences after the declaration of the results of the HSSLC Examinations (Arts, Commerce, Science) of the Meghalaya Board. The forms are available at the College office on payment of Rs. 350/- or may be downloaded from the College website www.donboscocollege.ac.in and sent, duly filled, to the College office with a Demand Draft for Rs. 350/- in favour of Don Bosco College, Tura.
Eligibility: Students with an aggregate of 45% and above may apply for admissions. The eligibility norms are outlined in the following programme structure for graduate courses in each stream.
Students scoring 60% aggregate Marks in any stream in Class XII are eligible for direct
admission for undergraduate courses.
Documents to be Attached
Mandatory: The attested copies of the following documents are to be submitted along with the Application Form:
- All marksheets obtained from Class X onwards
- Admit Cards obtained at Class X, showing age
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended
- ST/SC/BC Certificate, if applicable
- Baptism Certificate for Catholic Students
- Foreign National Students must submit citizenship ID Card.
Optional: Attested copies of certificates to support proficiency in fields such as:
- Sports b) Debate/Quiz/Essay c) Dramatics/Music d) NCC/NSS e) Scouts/Guides
Submission of Forms
Forms are to be submitted on or before the notified date. Incomplete forms will be rejected. Applicants are to ensure that the acknowledgement card is endorsed by the College office, to certify that the form has been submitted.
The schedules of Entrance Tests/ Interview (if required) will be displayed on the College notice-board and website. The originals of all documents are to be produced for verification at the time of interview. Ensure your Test/Interview card is endorsed by the Interview Board, certifying to your having appeared at the interview.
- Admitted candidates will have their Form Numbers displayed on the notice board and website.
- Fees must be paid within the due date, failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
- Rank holders in the qualifying examinations shall be given priority in admission.
- Outstanding sportspersons who have been recognised at the State/National level will be accorded consideration.
- A few seats are reserved for differently-abled persons, minimum criteria, however, will be applicable.
- The College follows the existing policy of the State Government for admissions.
- The management reserves the right to grant or deny admission.
- Classes will commence on the notified date and admitted students are expected to report on the opening day.