DON BOSCO COLLEGE – TURA
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Principal or the members of the committee in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell should be constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Installing Notice Boards in the gardens to remind students of their responsibility.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to classes and timetables, timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, canteen, classrooms, victimization by teachers if any etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the policy of the college.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in suggestion box.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Steps taken by theGRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
The suggestion box was opened by the principal and some of the suggestions by the students were:
- Cancelling of classes on Saturdays: The Principal said that the good practice of the college should never be done away with. When most of the colleges under NEHU are trying to introduce classes on Saturdays, the college should continue with it.
- Late arrival of Teachers in the classroom: During the staff meeting, the Principal had informed the staff to be on time for their classes.
- First Aid Box: The First Aid Box was kept in the staff room in case of any emergency.
Designated Appellate Authority
Public Infor. Officer