As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
3. Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
4. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
5. Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, WhatsApp, SMS or public insult etc.
6. Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
7. Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
8. Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
9. Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Objectives of Anti Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Cell will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee in preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment at Don Bosco College Campus. The Anti-Ragging cell will work under the Supervision of the Principal and engage in the works of checking places like Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation. Anti-Ragging Cell will be involved in designing strategies and action plan for any cases of ragging in the college.
Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Committee
The functions of Anti-Ragging cell will be to keep a vigil and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening/reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Grounds, Hostels etc. The cell will also educate the students at large by adopting various means about the menace of Ragging and related Punishments there to. A gamut of positive reinforcement activities are adopted by Anti-Ragging Cell for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause.
|ANTI RAGGING,DRESS CODE AND DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE|
|1. Fr. Bivan Rodriques Mukhim, Principal||4. Ms. Susan M. Sangma||7. Dr. Meuller Beul M Sangma|
|2. Fr. Albert D Sangama, Vice Principal||5. Dr. Madhusudhan Saha||8. Ms. Rubitha A Sangma|
|3. Mr. Sanggra A Sangma – Coordinator||6. Dr. Barbara Sangma||9. Mr. Binendro N.Marak|