Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS. It envisages to instill charity mind among all the students to extend their able help towards developing healthy life styles, donating blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation.
The red ribbon is a symbol for both drug prevention and for the fight against AIDS. The Red Ribbon foundation is an organization founded in 1993 whose main purpose is the education about prevention of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV, Acquired Deficiency Syndrome Related Complex, ARC and AIDS.
The Red Ribbon Club, Don Bosco College Tura aims at harnessing the potential of the youth by equipping them with correct information on HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment. It also aims in building their capacities as peer educators in spreading messages on positive health behavior in an enabling environment and increasing voluntary blood donation from among youth.
- To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness programme.
- To induce among youth the spirit to help and support people living with HIV/AIDS thereby reducing stigma and discrimination.
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skill on Leadership, negotiation and team building.
- To promote voluntary non-remunerated blood donation among youth.
ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR 2018-2019
- Poster Competition on AIDS Awareness.
- Awareness Programme on AIDS in association with Alumni Association.
- Creation of Blood Bank among students who are ready to donate blood.
|SI No.||Name of the Institute||Name of the Nodal Officer||Name of the Nodal Deputy Officer|
|1||DON BOSCO COLLEGE, TURA||DR.BARBARA S.SANGMA||DR.MEULLER BEUL M.SANGMA|
Mob: +91 88374 29368
Mob: +91 94367 30933
|SI No.||Name of the Institute||Name of Principal|
|1||DON BOSCO COLLEGE, TURA||Fr.BIVAN RODRIQUES MUKHIMemail@example.com
Mob: +91 9435594511